Translate

Saturday 16 August 2014

Luis Suarez Says He Feels Like A Footballer Again



Luis Suárez has expressed his relief at training
with his Barcelona team-mates for the first
time, declaring he feels “like a footballer
again”.
The Uruguay forward was able to train
with Barça players on Friday morning after
the court of arbitration for sport relaxed the
“excessive” elements of the four-month ban
incurred for biting the Italy defender Giorgio
Chiellini during the World Cup.

“I’m very
happy to feel like a footballer again and to be
with my team-mates,” Suárez told the club’s
website. “I was really looking forward to
starting. The situation made me feel very
uncomfortable. I’m paying for an error I
committed and have apologised for but it
needs to be forgotten. Now I have to think
about the future, which is Barcelona, the club
I dreamed about playing for.”
Suárez will be
presented to Barça fans at Camp Nou before
Monday’s friendly against the Mexican side
León, when he could make his debut. He will
have to wait until the weekend of 25 October
to make his competitive debut – the weekend
of the first clásico of the season against Real
Madrid at the Bernabéu.

No comments:

Post a Comment